1. You’re not ashamed of your dream for a regular 9:30 bedtime, but you are sad that it’s usually a dream deferred.
2. You spend more time talking about your students than not talking about your students.
3. You’re more bummed out about Monday rolling around than your students are. Because THE EXHAUSTION BEGINS ALL OVER AGAIN.
4. The thought of no more holidays for another two months is . . . frightening.
5. And yet your teacher heart for your students feels so big so often that you’ve begun to confuse your title of “teacher” with “mama bear.” *
*Clearly, this list has been my unique experience as a first-year teacher and will not be true for everyone.