This is my second link-up from Thailand with Lauren Elizabeth! Happy Friday, all.
1. I visited Ayutthaya for the first time. (See yesterday’s post.)
2. I picked up a new book – in French! And ate Indian food for the first time in a few months. (Ahhh.)
3. How could I forget! LAST Friday afternoon on my way back from work, I turned the corner to walk onto my street – and saw an ELEPHANT nomming on tree leaves outside my apartment building!!! And then. And then. It walked down the street right up to me. And then turned the corner – where I had just come from – and walked on past the market and the Tesco Lotus. (Turns out the ellie was there because its caretakers were selling food for anyone who wanted to feed it.) What an awesome afternoon!
4. Though I have not loved getting caught in the rainy season’s unleashing, it’s been pretty awesome to have the weather cool off a little bit. Enough to have my makeup not completely sweat off my face!
(Thanks to Google Images for those three photos of the makeup I’ve been loving lately – and for the photo of Camus’ novel in #2.)
5. My students took their midterms this week, and my co-teacher and I rewarded our first-years with a fun scavenger hunt the following class. (Pictures to come!)
Here’s to a great weekend! I’m looking forward to next week: no classes, just grading in the office.