Thank you, My Healthy Chef, for nominating Powerfully Quiet for the Liebster Award! I am honored.
The Liebster Award is given through nomination by another blogger who chooses the 11 best up-and-coming blogs with under 200 followers. When these 11 blogs receive the nomination, the bloggers must then:
-add the award icon to their blog (yay!)
-link to the blogger who nominated them to say thank you
-create a list of 11 random facts about themselves
-answer 11 questions about themselves
-post 11 questions for other bloggers to answer
-nominate 11 up-and-coming blogs with under 200 followers for the Liebster Award!
Here we go.
List of 11 Random Facts About Myself:
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be a figure skater (just like Tara Lipinski), then an entomologist, and then a writer. Often I wanted to be all three at once.
- I agree with this entirely, entirely, entirely: “As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.” In fact, there is even a certain noise I make when I’m driving beside/near bicyclists. Let me tell you, friends, it makes my passengers either stare at me, stunned, or die laughing.
- I am an all-or-nothing person. Hence running a half-marathon (though some could argue “hey, you didn’t run a full marathon”). Hence applying to PhD programs. Hence wanting to spend all the time in the world with my friends. Hence wanting to buy every good thing (or swinging to the opposite end: minimalism). On and on it goes.
- I like to sleep bundled up: blankets, sweatshirt, sweatpants, the works. It’s cozy that way.
- I rode an elephant on my birthday in Thailand two summers ago. I had not created a bucket list before then, but I mentally crossed that off an imaginary bucket list as it was happening.
- If I could have things my way (including kitchenware, unlimited budget, and no unhealthy cravings), I would cook all the time – only clean food and no meat. (For a good definition of clean food, check out Edible Perspective.)
- During autumn, I will go out of my way to step on leaves and hope they crunch. And yes, I will smile to myself when they do.
- I love, love, love, love snow.
- I think that the colors grey and mustard yellow – and sometimes grey and navy blue – are the most brilliant color combination on earth.
- I want to own a pet bunny. (You know that I am extremely affectionate towards rabbits because I call them “bunnies.”)
- I have an obsession with naming things. Everything. Everything except my car, apparently, because it didn’t get an official name until this semester. Case in point: the snail-shaped air freshener in my car has a name; the dish that holds the kitchen sponge in my parents’ house has a name; my laptop has a name; and the list goes on.
Questions from My Healthy Chef:
- Do you eat to live or live to eat? Ah, good question. I love food. Really, I love it. So, if I have to choose, I live to eat – but by that I mean that I almost always get in three meals a day and really enjoy what it is I eat, not that I eat every hour of the day.
- Would you rather read the book or see the movie? As all good English majors say: read the book!
- Do you prefer guacamole or hummus? This is a HARD question. I love both – and I mean love them. But when it comes down to it . . . guacamole. Don’t even get me started about the free guac that comes with Chipotle’s veggie options . . .
- Would you rather go out to eat or spend time in the kitchen cooking? See #6 on my List of 11 Random Facts About Myself. AKA spend time in the kitchen cooking!
- Why did you start your blog? See my first post. Basically, I have a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head, and I want a focused place to share them.
- Of all the blogs you follow, which is your favorite? This is a tough one. Quite honestly, it rotates. I use Google Reader on my phone, so there are certain blogs that I follow daily. Some of my favorites are: Sarah Bessey, A Foodie Stays Fit, Peas and Thank You, and Eat Live Run. But my current favorite is From My Grey Desk Blog. I’m just on a fashion kick recently, what can I say. But, seriously, they are all great. (I promise that is a genuine answer and not a cop-out!)
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Running! I feel most accomplished when I run. Close runners-up (ha, see what I did there) are the elliptical, lifting weights, and Pilates. Or, uh, maybe by “close runners-up” I mean “the only other forms of exercise I do.”
- When have you been the most proud of yourself? Wow. Good question. There have been times when I have handled conflict with quiet calmness, peace, and love, and that makes me feel really good – but I count that more as “thank you, Jesus, for helping me respond that way” than “way to be, me.” Another proud moment would be when I finished my first half-marathon last month.
- What is your favorite Christmas movie? Hmm. I am, ashamedly, lacking when it comes to the number of movies that I’ve seen; that includes Christmas movies. However, it’s a family tradition to watch Miracle on 34th Street every Thanksgiving, so I’ll go with that one.
- What is your favorite dish to make at home? Because I don’t currently have a kitchen, I rarely get to cook. When I do, I usually cook a simple breakfast or lunch. Based on that, I’ll go with the Grilled Hummus and Egg Sandwich.
- What is your go-to breakfast? Oikos blueberry Greek yogurt. Or Kashi Heart 2 Heart Wild Blueberry Cluster Cereal with vanilla almond milk.
- If you could only see in one color for the rest of your life, what color would it be?
- How do you feel about paper snowflakes?
- Are you okay with listening to Christmas carols before Thanksgiving, or not? (Keep your rant short J.)
- Do you prefer to exercise indoors, outdoors, or not at all?
- If you could only eat five foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Cats, dogs, or chickens? (Pet-wise.)
- When have you been most content with life?
- Are there any issues/causes that you would live or die for? If so, what are they?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you think that black and brown can/should go together?
- What is your guilty pleasure (TV show, snack, etc.)?
- Rainboots & Beef
- A Place for All Those Other Things
- Heather Jean
- Cara Joyner
- In Pursuit of the Good
- Across the Globe with Sharon
- The Polished Monkey
- Touch of Serendipity
- A Blog About Everything
- The Style Hatch
Congratulations, all! You are wonderful!